This is why we’re now looking for a PR Coordinator and Community Manager to join our ranks, focus on getting our message across, and also to help us out on our ongoing development in a few other ways. This is a half-time or full-time employment (depending a bit on the applying candidate), working from home or from our soon-to-be-established hub-office in Malmö, Sweden.
Here is a rundown of some of a few more specific tasks:
- Working out (together with management) marketing plans for upcoming game projects.
- Staying up to date with the rest of the team by listening in on (and contributing to) meetings.
- Maintaining continuous communication flow on our forums, social media channels, Steam community and PS Live Area etc.
- Coming up with ideas and suggestions for messages to communicate or events to hold through our different channels. Then writing/creating graphics for these - from our existing assets - and coordinating and executing them.
- Planning, coordinating and executing trailer creation (with a creator or editor if you don’t have those skills yourself).
- Planning, coordinating and contributing to PR statement generation and sendout alongside our PR firm.
- Planning and coordinating demo creation with the team.
- Planning, coordinating, creating and submitting details to platform stores such as Steam, PS Store etc.
Of great importance is that fact that you must be able to work from home. Frictional Games currently does not have an office; however, we are planning to set one up in Malmö, hopefully sometime next year. You will however decide for yourself how much you’d want to make use of the office, so it’s crucial that you are able to plan your day, take full initiative and work without strict guidance. Because of this, we allow a flexibility that you’ll rarely find in an office environment.
- You live in Malmö or are prepared to move here.
- You are fluent in English and a strong communicator.
- You are able to create basic work in Adobe Photoshop.
- You love horror, sci-fi and narrative games.
- You have an understanding of social media and other game-related communication channels.
- You like coming up with new initiatives and running with them.
- You have experience of planning and coordinating from previous roles.
- You strive for structure, efficiency and clarity.
- You are extremely self-driven.
- You like working with varying tasks and participating in the different areas of a business.
- You have a basic understanding of the process of creating a video game.
- You have video editing skills and experience.
- You have a Windows PC you can use for work capable of playing recent games (SOMA is a good test case!)